Terms of Service
By using the LegitTeams.com website (“Service” or “Website”), or any services of Legit Teams LLC, (“Legit Teams”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind such entity, its affiliates and all users who use the Service through your account to these Terms of Service, in which case the terms “You” and “Your” in any Terms Of Service shall refer to such entity, its affiliates and its users. If you do not agree with the Terms of Service, or do not have such legal authority, you must not accept this agreement and may not use the Service or any services provided by Legit Teams.
Legit Teams reserves the right to change and update the Terms of Service without any notice. The continued use of the Service after any changes shall represent your consent to these changes.
Violation of the Terms of Service can result in the termination of your Account. You also understand and agree that Legit Teams is not responsible for any Content (further defined in subsection titled “Responsibility of Contributors”) that is posted on the Service and to use the Service at your own risk.
- Your LegitTeams.com Account and Site: To create an account on the Website, you must be a human that is at least 13 years old – bots are not permitted. You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and truthfully provide any other information requested by you. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and repositories, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You are responsible for all content that is posted using your account. You must immediately notify Legit Teams of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. Legit Teams will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. A person or legal entity may not create more than one free account. Only one person may use the login for an account. Only one person may use SSH access for an account – no more than one person may push data using an account. You may not use the account for any illegal purposes.
- Responsibility of Contributors: If you have an account, upload data, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available on the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); and,
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Payment and Renewal:
- General Terms: Optional paid services such as extra storage and collaboration between users are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Legit Teams the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal: Unless you notify Legit Teams before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Change Plan section the Website. In the case that a transaction using Your specified payment mechanism fails or is disputed, Legit Teams reserves the right to cancel any subscription that You may have without issuing any refunds.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy: As Legit Teams asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Legit Teams violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Legit Teams in accordance with Legit Teams’ Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy outlined below. Legit Teams will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. If the Content of Your account is deemed to be an infringement of copyrights or other intellectual property rights, Legit Teams reserves the right to terminate your account. Legit Teams will have no obligation to provide a refund for any amounts previously paid to Legit Teams.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied, you must provide the following:
The above information can be sent to Legit Teams using the “Contact Us” page located on the Website.
- A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on Legit Teams;
- Your contact information, such that it is sufficient to contact you;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, made under the penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Note that under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may subject to heavy civil penalties. These include monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees incurred by Legit Teams, by any copyright owner, or by any copyright owner’s licensee that is injured as a result of our replying upon your misrepresentation. You may also be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
This information should not be construed as legal advice, for further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
- Content Ownership: Legit Teams claims no intellectual property rights over any Content that you provide to the Service. Your content remains yours. However, You grant Legit Teams a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying and distributing the Content to You and the identified Collaborators. If you delete Content, Legit Teams will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Legit Teams reserves the right to refuse or remove any Content that is on the Service.
You are responsible for your Content. You shall defend Legit Teams against any claim, suit, demand or proceeding made or brought against Legit Teams alleging that Your Content or Your use of the Service at Your expense.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: The Website is provided “as is.” Legit Teams and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Legit Teams nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event will Legit Teams, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Legit Teams under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Legit Teams shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Legit Teams, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous: Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Legit Teams may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
In Haiku Form
LT is for you.
With repositories too.
So why would you sue?
LT is for you.
Please do not sue us, or we'll...